Together We Make a Difference
Throughout 2016-2017, dancers at DuHadway Dance Dimensions have participated in numerous events within the communities of Alma, Shepherd, Mt. Pleasant, Ithaca, Carson City and Edmore. Thank you to all of the dancers and families for volunteering your time and transportation to the following events:
- United Way’s Dance United: This University-driven dance event sparks a friendly fundraising competition among CMU students, faculty, staff and members of the community as part of the University’s annual United Way campaign. Dance United has raised more than $75,000 since 2012. Elite team dancers dance in between competitors and Ms. Jillian trains and choreographs for competitors.
- The Nutcracker: Dancers training in ballet are invited to participate in The Nutcracker. The dancers perform Act 2 of The Nutcracker to elementary school students, residents of the Masonic Home, community members at the Lighting of the Lights at the hospital, and to all who Come Home to Alma in December.
- Parades: Members of DuHadway walk in the Alma College Homecoming Parade and the Highland Festival parade.
- Children’s Games at the Highland Festival: Dancers and parents help children attending the Highland Festival to hop a ride on the friendly Loch Ness Monster, toss a mini caber, make Scottish shields and crowns, and face paint. Thank you to Screen & Stitch for providing the supplies and opportunity to make this happen.
- Alumni Charity Basketball Game at Alma High School with Child Advocacy: Dancers perform and participate in a “dance party” after the first quarter. Dancers encourage the audience to come out on the floor and dance. All proceeds go towards child abuse and neglect prevention programming.
- Dance Experience with Child Advocacy: DuHadway helped with the 4th annual Dance Experience this past spring. 81 kids signed up for the event, which is the biggest yet. This experience is to give kids who may not have had the opportunity to dance learn about the different styles of dance, make tutus and have a fun day dancing themselves.
- Princess and Pirates with Child Advocacy: Dancers perform performance pieces and choreograph and perform a Princess and Pirates dance. Parents and dancers volunteer their time to help with carnival games, make various crafts, do art projects, and their favorite hair do’s! This event is a fundraiser helping abused and neglected children in our community.